A measure of peace is that which most of us seek, but few of us ever find.
Towards the last scene of the 2003 epic drama film ‘The Last Samurai’, the role of American soldier Nathan Algren played by Tom Cruise was asked by the young Japanese Emperor Mutsuhito how the loyal Katsumoto, an influential samurai leader who opposed growing Western influences and intru-sions in the wake of the Meiji Restoration in the Empire of Japan in 1876 and 1877, died.
In a poignant reply Algren submits, “I will not tell you how he died, but how he lived”.
And therein perhaps lies much of the basis for the 90-10 Principle. It goes some-thing like this: 10% of life is made up of what happens to you, but the remaining 90% of it is decided mostly by how you react. What does this mean?
While we may not have control over 10% of what happens to us we can, how-ever, determine the other 90% by how we conduct our lives.
This principle, discovered by popular author of self help books Steven Covey, might help you better understand why.
Watch The Video